Leaky Gut Syndrome
- What is Leaky Gut Syndrome - LGS?
- Cause of Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Diseases Caused by Leaky Gut Syndrome.
- Symptoms of Leaky Gut Syndrome.
- Treatment and Steps to a Non Leaky Gut.
- Dietary Supplements to treat Leaky Gut Syndrome.
What is Leaky Gut Syndrome - LGS?
Leaky Gut Syndrome - LGS is a possibly unpleasant sounding name but it describes a gut which is inflamed and has got very porous, (much more porous than it should be), and it is letting large food proteins, bacteria, fungi, metals and toxic substances straight into our blood stream or in more scientific language, an increase in permeability of the intestinal mucosa to luminal macromolecules, antigens and toxins associated with inflammatory degenerative and/or atrophic mucosal damage. Once in the blood stream our immune system is the last line of defense to deal with these substances and it will eventually get overwhelmed if a Leaky Gut is not rectified.
Causes of Leaky Gut Syndrome
Our intestinal lining replaces itself approximately every 24 hours. This means that every cell that the lining is composed of is digested or sloughed off, and a new one grows to take its place. All this activity means the gut uses more blood when it is resting than any other organ but it is also the first to lose its blood supply when in a fight or flight situation, which is what stress is. If you have a lot of stress then your gut will always be starved for blood and the lining will be impaired.
Other factors which cause or worsen Leaky Gut Syndrome are:
- Alcohol and caffeine which irritate the gut wall, this includes cokes (diet and regular), chocolate, coffee, cocoa.
- Contaminated foods, E. coli and other bacteria’s can develop due to poor food handling.
- Chemicals found in processed and fermented foods (dyes and preservatives), wine, vinegar, soy sauce, tofu, etc.
- A diet high in refined sugars and other carbohydrates (e.g. candy, cookies, sodas, processed foods and white bread).
- Foods contaminated by parasites (pork, chicken, fresh water and hatchery fish).
- Antibiotic use-this causes an overgrowth of fungi (yeast) in the gut due to the immune suppression that occurs.
- Ingestion of animal products that have been given hormonal and antibiotic treatments.
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs).
Diseases Caused By Leaky Gut Syndrome:
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome,
- Rheumatoid Arthritis,
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Crohn's Disease,
- Addison's Disease,
Symptoms of Leaky Gut Syndrome.
Symptoms include arthritis, chronic fatigue, Candidiasis, bloating, food allergies, sinusitis, slow thought processes, headaches, lethargy, fluid retention, weight gain, diarrhoea and / or constipation, flatulence, IBS, food intolerance and many other gastric disturbances
Treatment and the Steps to a Non Leaky Gut.
- Don't eat sugar, refined carbohydrates, coffee, fatty foods. Also foods such as are dairy, eggs, gluten grains (wheat, oats, rye), corn, beans (especially soy), and nuts can often cause problems and some people are allergic to garlic also. Exposure to a significant allergy can sabotage the treatment. A non-allergenic diet can be obtained by eating meat, chicken, fish, vegetables, potatoes, rice, millet, and fruits.
- Avoid alcohol, especially unpasteurized beer which still has some yeast in it.
Cleanse the gut of toxins.
- Eliminate any other parasites in your gut.
- Provide the right diet and supplements so your body can repair itself.
- Return the good bacteria to your gut. Probiotic supplements containing Lactobacillus and Bifido can be particularly effective, or eat acidophillus yoghurt if dairy products are OK.
- Avoid NSAIDs if at all possible.
- Exercise for half an hour each day. Brisk walking is good.
- Drink pure water and lots of it!
Dietary Supplements to treat Leaky Gut Syndrome.
Shark Liver Oil
nzpurehealth Shark Liver Oil mainly contains two very important ingredients, Alkylglycerols (AKG) and Squalene, which strengthen the immune system by increasing the quantity of antibodies and the number of white blood cells, thus help reduce LGS.
Benefits of Shark Liver Oil
Strengthens the immune system, hay fever, sinusitis and other allergy sufferers also benefit.
Eases joint pain from arthritis.
Helps to maintain healthy skin, psoriasis sufferers have been shown to benefit.
Works against the bad effects of radiation.
Has a cancer tumor killing property.
In wound healing cases helps prevent scarring.
Increases energy by supplying cells with oxygen.
Has an antioxidant property. Helps to protect the body from toxic substances. Also said to help in leaching mercury from the body.
Has helped asthma patients achieve a complete recovery.
Has been shown to be of great benefit to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and Post Viral Syndrome sufferers, helping to give them back their energy.
Many of the above points suggest that Shark Liver Oils are very useful for helping to correct Leaky Gut Syndrome and many LGS sufferers have found this to be true, especially when taken in conjunction with treatments and regimes.
NZpurehealth Garlic Oxogels provides the pure and natural form of garlic with the water removed. Its key component is a sulphur compound called Allicin, which has extensive antimicrobial activity. The odour-free Oxogels Garlic may also improve circulation and increase resistance to infection.
Garlic is one of the most highly regarded herbs. It has been used extensively throughout Europe, the Middle East, and Asia for more than 1000 years. It was traditionally used in the treatment of all kinds of infections, wounds and digestive problems, it was also prescribed for heart problems and leprosy. Today garlic is still prescribed for the treatment of those same conditions, but is taken particularly for preventing colds, reducing the risk of heart disease and stroke, and reducing cholesterol levels.
nzpurehealth Bovine Colostrum is made from the milk of New Zealand pasture raised dairy cows, which is produced within the first 48 hours after birth. It may enhance the immune system and the overall health wellbeing. It is easily absorbed by human body, and may promote bone development.
Most people benefit from taking cow colostrum as an every day immune system enhancer, but in particular people suffering from Leaky Gut Syndrome, Candida, Stomach Ulcers, Acne, Arthritis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Colitis as well as being much in demand by athletes for building muscle. Colostrum contains growth factors that help to slow the aging process in anybody who takes it. It also helps to stimulate wound healing, cartilage and nerve regeneration, which is helpful in cases of Multiple Sclerosis, Guillain Barre Syndrome and its variants.